C-119G

The C-119 was used by U.S.A.F. troop carrier wings and Air National Guard aeromedical evacuation squadrons. The C-119F and
C-119G were the final production models of the Flying Boxcar, the last example of which was delivered late in 1955.

Evolved from the C-82A by relocating the flight deck, widening the fuselage, strengthening the wings and providing more powerful engines, the C-119 carried sixty-two fully-equipped troops or a 30,000-lb. cargo load. Ramps are provided for the rear loading of wheeled or tracked vehicles, and some aircraft have an extended radar nose.

Click here for the latest news concerning the restoration project.

Manufacturer:

Fairchild Aviation


Powerplant:

2 Wright R-3350-89Ws - 3400 hp


Maximum Speed:

296 mph


Weight Empty:

39,982 lbs.


Service Ceiling:

17,000 ft.


Range:

2,280 miles